Sunday, November 29, 2009

I must return to Ryhope Wood

I've seen today, in a number of places, that fantasy author Robert Holdstock has died. He was only 61. Apparently he was hospitalized several days ago with an E. coli infection, and he succumbed today. He was only 61 years old.

Holdstock wrote a number of highly-regarded books, but as of now, the only one I've read is Mythago Wood, which a friend of mine who was also a correspondent of Holdstock's sent me with orders to read it as soon as possible. I did, and I was highly impressed with it (this was seven or eight years ago, and might well have been before I even launched this blog). He also sent me the sequel Lavondyss, which I still have not read -- nor anything else by Holdstock, for that matter -- but I will. And soon.

No comments: