Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Enough Plame to Go Around

(Yeah, bad pun, that. Sue me.)

I'm going to try to avoid commenting on the whole Valerie Plame affair; I figure that anyone familiar with my politics will have a pretty good idea of where I stand here. Suffice it to say that I feel none of the antipathy toward the CIA that Jane Galt appears to believe is the mainstream belief of the left; I've long believed that sometimes you just plain have to have spooks out there doing stuff that's a tad questionable. (It probably comes from all those years of watching James Bond movies as a kid, followed by reading Robert Ludlum novels as a teen.)

Anyway, my general views on this whole business mirror Morat's and Kevin Drum's. Since those fellows (and Darth Swank, as well) are providing lots of good linkage on the Plame affair, I'm going to steer clear of it unless something big breaks.

No comments: