Tuesday, September 30, 2003

A Complaint.

I'd love to rely on my hometown newspaper's website for news more than I do, but The Buffalo News's site is, to my way of thinking, a train wreck, and a barely functional one at that.

First, the site is so "busy" as to be unpleasant on the eyes. But as annoying as that is, what bugs me is that the site is not updated with the day's new content until around 9:00 am, which seems to me rather late. I like checking the news when I get up, which is almost always before nine. I suppose they might be thinking that if they update too early, then more people won't bother actually picking up the physical paper. And even then, their updates are always problematic: some stories don't load until well after the update on the main page. Ugh.

Come on guys, the Web's not a new thing. Let's work out the kinks.

No comments: