Sunday, May 18, 2003

What are the three most beautiful words in the English language, taken together?

Of course, most people will say, I love you. That's a no-brainer. But then, if you're a long-time Star Trek viewer, you'll remember that in the episode "The City on the Edge of Forever", Jim Kirk tells Edith Keeler that in a hundred years or so a novelist from Alpha Centauri (I think) will recommend the words Let me help over I love you.

Those are certainly two promising candidates. But there are other concatenations of three words that, depending on your circumstance, are far more beautiful than either of those. For a college student, Here's twenty bucks and The Prof's sick may well outrank the two above.

And for any male member of our species, I think there may be one three-word phrase that trumps them all. And it is....
























We're having ribs.

Oh, those three little words bring out the tears....

No comments: