Friday, May 30, 2003

I finished editing the baseball-centric story yesterday, and it weighs in at 8100 words (rounded up from something like 8089). I'd hoped to squeeze more out of it, but I just don't know right now where to get it from. Maybe if I come back to it in a month or so I can get some more blood from that particular stone, but for now, that's it. It's longer than I'd hoped, obviously, but still my shortest story yet.

These are famous last words, but I'm expecting my "Snow White" story to come in at roughly the same length.

(Oh, and I'm also planning to post an entire story of mine here in the next few days, once I get it formatted. It's one that's made the circuit of markets and that I don't plan to submit anywhere else. I know you'll all just be thrilled, thrilled, thrilled. [Insert sound of crickets chirping here.])

No comments: