Wednesday, May 28, 2003

As Samwise Gamgee would say, "Well, I'm back."

It turns out that it's a good thing I decided to take a hiatus for this past weekend, because it turned out that a billing snafu with my ISP (the same snafu that resulted in the template here being whacked out for the last few days) couldn't be resolved until yesterday, even though I discovered said snafu on Friday. I went to call my ISP's billing department to clear the matter up at 3:30 on Friday afternoon, only to find out that they were already closed for the holiday weekend. Not that I'd have posted anything here, but I would have at least been able to fix the appearance, or attempt to do so, as I tried yesterday only to discover that templates apparently aren't loading the way they should. Oh well.

So, I was actually totally off-line between Friday afternoon and Tuesday morning. And it was actually kind-of nice. I got a lot more work done, even with having company in that span (a very good friend we haven't seen in two years). Of course, now I have to catch up on everybody's blog entries from that span, but worse things could happen, I suppose.

(Oh, and a note to any of you who may be in management with service companies: If you're going to run different hours on the days preceding holiday weekends, a good service procedure might be to actually let your customers know about this. You know, good service. It's that thing all managers pay reverent lip-service to, and yet so many seem to allow to vanish like a slice of bread thrown into the midst of a flock of hungry ducks when the chips are down.)

No comments: