Wednesday, August 17, 2016

It's Prismatic!

So there's this new photo app called Prisma that's all the rage. It's kind of cool, really -- it's similar to Instagram in that it takes photos (new or existing) and applies filters to them to make them look nifty. The difference is that Prisma's filters don't just tweak certain aspects of the photo, like contrast or color balance or such things; Prisma uses your photo as the basis for a new image, called an "artwork", in a certain artistic style, specified by use of the filter. It takes a little getting used to (and I'm not quite there yet), and initially I found it hard to see the appeal, but as I played with it more (mostly using existing photos), I found myself also liking it more.

Here's a selection of photos that I filtered through Prisma. Some of these look really nifty, if I do say so myself!















I may be biased, but I think that these are all pretty cool!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The effects of the 9th and 10th are my favorites...what are they called?

Kelly Sedinger said...

Ummm...I'm not sure. I was using them at random! :(

Lynn said...

I love it! I've actually been wanting to find something like that for a long time.