For more information on my writing, please visit my official author website!
ForgottenStars.net

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Breakfast of Champions


Breakfast of Champions, originally uploaded by Jaquandor.

For years I've generally been a breakfast cereal person, but over the last month or so I've started indulging heavily in a heartier breakfast, in the form of a breakfast sandwich. I toast an English muffin (I prefer multigrain, but those sell out quickly so usually I end up getting Whole Wheat), onto which I stack an egg (cooked over-hard -- even easier than scrambling), a slice of some kind of cold cut that I've fried ever-so-briefly in the pan alongside the egg (usually ham, but on this one I had some Capicola, which is by far my favorite cold cut but which I don't get often because of the salt and fat), and a slice of cheese (pepperjack in this example).

A banana and a glass of juice complete the meal. More than 90 percent of the time I drink good old orange juice, but every few months I decide to change it up just a bit and get something else. Sometimes it's grapefruit; here I'm drinking a V8 blueberry/pomegranate blend.

Next week I plan to try one with salsa on it instead of cheese. Or a breakfast wrap. Breakfast rules!

4 comments:

Porky said...

That breakfast certainly rules! The photo was enough, but the description drives the pleasure of it home.

Doug said...

I remember a proverb from when I had taken German in high school, I think would apply: "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper." I think applies to European cuisine in general. Too bad I haven't been able to apply it.

Kal said...

You are living a rich full life my friend. Now I want cereal.

Tina said...

the simple meals r always the best arent they