Friday, November 20, 2009

Apologia

Well, folks...sorry about the lack of posting the last few days, but the sails have been pretty slack and wind-free. Part of it -- quite a large part of it, actually -- was the shockingly rapid health decline of a dear personal friend of our family's, a lovely older woman who took it upon herself to babysit Little Quinn back in the day, before our in-home nursing care arrangements could kick in. We became quite close to her and her husband and remained so the last five years, even through her cancer diagnosis six weeks or so ago. Unfortunately hers was one of those "so late it's everywhere" diagnoses, and the last week has been a march of steadily worse news until finally, night before last, the news reached its final, awful coda. She'll be missed.

So, again, sorry for the radio silence. I even missed out on "International Overalls Day", but...well, I haven't even been wearing them much this season yet, so who knows.

Anyhow, I can only assume my blogging mojo will return at some point soon.

1 comment:

Thee Earl of Obvious said...

I will say a prayer for your friend tonight.

My wife though has forbidden me from wearing overalls