Friday, May 02, 2003

It's pretty obvious, by glancing at my blogroll, that my liberal instincts far outweigh my conservative ones. Sometimes I feel I should read more stuff by conservatives and libertarians; but then, I remind myself that I also think I should read more short fiction and poetry and Dostoevsky (ahem...) and Twain and Pynchon and Asimov and Dunsany and Wolfe and Wallace and Shakespeare and...you get the idea. In the long list of things I think I should read, those that I want to read get higher priority. So I pretty much confine myself to the handful of right-side thinkers I link here, and then I follow their links to other places that they recommend, pretty much on a specific citation basis.

And besides, I never know when someone with whom I disagree ninety percent of the time is going to say something I agree with one hundred and ten percent.

(This is also why it's generally good policy not to flame people when you think they're full of crap. Because when they do say something that you want desperately to applaud, to do so after telling that person how stupid they are doesn't seem...possible.)

No comments: