Monday, May 05, 2003

A careful examination of my sidebar will reveal not only the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body (hidden in a secret code) but some other changes as well. On two of these I followed Sean's lead, and on the other (blogrolling) we apparently had the same thought at the same time. Weird. Or not. You decide....

:: I'm giving BlogRolling a try. This service makes maintaining my blogroll neat and painless, and also puts a little marker (this one: (^) ) beside any blogs containing new posts in the last twelve hours. I've also decided to list my blogroll alphabetically, instead of the pseudo-category scheme that I was using that, as it was not indicated anywhere actually in the blogroll, likely made little sense to anyone but me. (Basically, I had liberal bloggers together, right-wingers together, SF-community members and writers together, my Collaboratory cohorts together, and my arch-enemy on top. Now, it's just a boring old egalitarian alphabetical scheme.)

:: I signed up for an RSS feed; that's in one of the buttons toward the end of the sidebar. As of this writing it's not yet functional, but I think I'm waiting for some kind of completion to their registration or something. Either that or I just bollixed the whole thing to begin with.

:: And I added a "GeoURL" link. This service allows you to find out which bloggers are closest to your actual, physical location. I'm not sure if this is actually useful, but hey, it looked nifty.

(BTW, that Jimmy Hoffa thing was a joke. I have no idea where his body is.)

No comments: