Sunday, December 15, 2013

Your Daily Dose of Christmas!

My alma mater, Wartburg College, does a big yearly music production at Christmas, called Christmas With Wartburg. It's always quite a production, with several vocal groups coming together with several instrumental groups to present a sacred program. Putting it together was a lot of work each year, and the performances consumed an entire weekend -- at the time we would perform twice on campus and then once in Cedar Falls, IA (a bigger town twenty miles away) and once in Des Moines.

I mention all this because our main rival school, Luther College, does a similar thing. Here's their rendition of "Angels We Have Heard On High", one of my two favorite Christmas hymns (I can't choose between this one and "Hark! the Herald Angels Sing"). As a still-loyal Wartburg grad, I'd love to be able to say that those nitwits from Luther screw it up, but...no, I wouldn't love to be able to say that. There's just as much talent there as at Wartburg, and this is really well done.


(But still...go Knights!)

No comments: