Thursday, June 25, 2009

Something for Thursday

I didn't get around to picking something out ahead of time, so now I'm late...and, as it happens, timely. Here's Michael, as I prefer to remember his work:



And here's something in remembrance of Farrah Fawcett:



I don't really remember much of Farrah Fawcett, to be honest; she was off Charlie's Angels before I became aware of the show's existence, and since I was six or seven, the show was more interesting to me for the action and funny detective stuff than for the beauty of the three leads, whoever they might have been. Nothing against Farrah, but she was never really on my personal cultural radar screen. But still, for these two to die at fifty and sixty-two? Harsh, Mr. Reaper. Harsh indeed.

1 comment:

Thee Earl of Obvious said...

The Kings and Queens of Pop

Fame, an undeserved reward in life.

Lauded as one who cures all amiss

Indeed these must icons live without strife.

Their troubles minor an existence of bliss.

So all strive for high notoriety

No question how it is packaged

Of single purpose driven mightily

A credo based on life fantastic

All the fulfillment will be their afford

The glory of this focus of course implied

Ah but the other edge of the sword

Noticed but not in esteem held high

Fame sans peace hardly a world of gladness

Clutching the humble past now vanished