I saw a quiz over at Paul's blog, so I will answer them as well, as is my wont:
1. A month before it happens you're told you're going to lose your memory. How do you prepare for it and do you attempt to regain what you've lost?
Hell yes, I try to regain it. I try to write down as much of it as I can, I suppose, but then I'd have trouble prioritizing things to remember. Hmmmm.
2. How do you describe your outlook on life?
"Life is quite absurd, and death's the final word...."
3. You fall in love with your soulmate, decide to get married, and then find out that person is going to die soon. Do you marry them anyway?
Absolutely. (But here's the thing about soulmates: I've never believed that there's only one.)
4. What are three of your favorite ice cream toppings?
I like hot fudge, chopped-up Reese's pieces, and fresh berries.
5. Is there one article of clothing you love to wear no matter how out of style it is?
Hmmm. That's a head-scratcher. I should think that over a bit. Gee.
6. Is there one color you wish would go away in fashion?
A color? No. But then, I think "fashion" is just about as stupid an endeavour as I can think of. I find it hard to fathom how a few people in some city somewhere can up and decide that this year, this is what looks good, but a couple of years from now, we'll all decide that it all looks horrible. And then a few years after that, the look we liked and then hated is judged favorably again! Screw that. I wear what I like.
7. What's the first department you head to when you go shopping in a department store?
Assuming we're talking about a place like Target, usually I either veer toward electronics or men's clothing, although I almost never buy anything in either. Hardware's always fun. Toys are a necessity. I usually save the DVD section for last.
8.How far away do you live from your parents?
Sixty or seventy miles, roughly. Maybe a little less, but the route from here to there requires lots of "over hill and under dale" stuff through the Southern Tier.
9. Growing up, who was your favorite cartoon character?
Bugs Bunny. Still is. Didn't care much for the Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote cartoons, because there was no hope for the coyote. And I love Sylvester, but there's this one with him where his owners go away for two weeks, but leave him a cupboard full of canned tuna -- but the mouse gets the can opener, and Sylvester is foiled throughout the whole cartoon. That one pissed me off. F*** you, Mouse!
10. You plan a romantic evening and everything goes wrong, including the fancy dinner you burned. What do you do?
Swear a lot, then apologize profusely as I order a pizza.
11. What's the last thing you bought at the store?
Which store? Today I brought home some hot dog and hamburger buns. Last time I was at Borders I picked up a copy of The Art of Revenge of the Sith and a better quality King James Bible than the one I already owned.
12. Have you ever walked out in the middle of a movie?
Never, but I have shut off DVDs or videos halfway through.
13. What celebrity do most people say you look like?
To my knowledge I've never been compared to a celebrity.
14. Is there any piece of jewelry you always wear?
I wear my wedding ring and another ring The Wife bought me most of the time, but not at night. Also, when I'm not at work, I wear a bracelet of silver beads that was made by a friend of The Wife's in honor of Little Quinn.
15. Have you ever tried to pick someone up?
No. I'm terrible in situations where I don't know people, and it takes me a little while to open up a bit.
16. What's the one thing you always manage to lose on your way out the door?
Nothing, really, although I do leave the grocery list at home occasionally.
17. Out of these creatures which one are you most afraid of:
Rodents, I suppose. Although I'm probably freaked out in equal measure by all three: not much if I just spot one somewhere, but if one manages to get onto my person before I've spotted it, I tend to fly into this mixture of fear and rage that's not at all healthy for the beastie to provoke.
18. What's the last gift you bought for a friend?
A dear friend of mine at The Store had a birthday a couple of weeks ago, and I got her a couple of small items like a journal to write in, a candle, and a tiny incense burner.
19. Do you ever buy people things for no reason?
Often. I love giving people stuff.
20.What's your favorite way to spend a lazy summer afternoon?
Reading, writing, walking, putting music on the stereo and dancing while trying to look like I'm not dancing.
And there's the latest Blog Quiz thing....