Friday, April 11, 2003

VIRGIL BRIGGMAN BACK ON THE AIR

Lest anyone not recognize that bit o' pop-cultural reference, yes, the move is complete. Actually, when I say "The move is complete", I mean that it is "complete" in the sense of, "All our crap has been removed from the Ryder truck and all of said crap is now strewn about our apartment, with walkways whittled through the stacks of cardboard boxes, with none of said walkways being more than eighteen inches wide". Good thing I lost all that weight; it makes negotiating an apartment that is in the mid-stages of "moving-in" at least somewhat easier.

I also can't resist one final knock on the weather of Syracuse: I've never lived in a place that received less sunlight than Syracuse. It was constantly overcast in a way that made me think of the Scottish Highlands, or of those dank moors in The Hound of the Baskervilles. Now that we're in Buffalo, both of the last two mornings have yielded brilliant, cloudless sunrises. And for all of Buffalo's charms, this city will never be known for its sunlight.

No comments: