Friday, April 18, 2003

Target is now my favorite place to buy DVDs. The selection's not amazing or staggering, by any means -- a Media Play will have more movies, and Media Play is a chain that is not nearly as good as it used to be -- but Target almost always has something of interest to me, and fairly cheap. Such as, yesterday: Grand Canyon, a favorite film of mine that I somehow always forget about until I spot it somewhere, for $5.99; and those new Hayao Miyazaki DVDs for $19.99 (three bucks less than Amazon), with instant-savings coupons for a couple of bucks off that. Wow.

(I did not buy Spirited Away, because I am under orders not to buy it so that my wife can pick it up for me at a gift-giving occasion. I have a habit of buying things for myself that she was thinking of getting me, and it gets me bawled out at least three times a year. Scary thing was, I actually had to explain this to the checkout guy, who saw that I was buying Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky and was stunned that I wasn't getting Spirited Away as well.)

No comments: