Wednesday, April 16, 2003

I didn't follow the blogging of the person known as "Salam Pax", who was presumably a person blogging in Baghdad when the war broke out. The blog has apparently not been updated in some time, and a number of bloggers I read who were following it expressed the hopes that "Salam Pax" had not been killed in the bombing or nabbed by authorities and tossed in an Iraqi prison or met some similarly ugly fate.

Steven Den Beste now wonders if the whole thing may have been a hoax. I frame no hypotheses either way, except to note that there is precedent for this kind of hoax in "Blogistan". Stay tuned.

(As a catch-all term, I have to note that I like "Blogistan" better than "the Blogosphere". It sounds more like a place, as opposed to a kind-of nebulous realm.)

No comments: