Friday, April 04, 2003

My favorite living fantasy author (a distinction I have to make so as to avoid appearing to diss J.R.R. Tolkien), Guy Gavriel Kay, has a new book of poetry coming out this weekend, Beyond This Dark House. That's an Amazon.ca link; I'm not sure when the book will show up in the US, but Amazon.ca will ship to the States, as I understand it. (Of course, those of us fortunate enough to be living in cities fairly close to the Canadian border can always just hop on over and pick up the book at Chapters...which I'll be doing next month, probably, when we make our annual trek to Toronto for, among other things, dim sum in Chinatown.)

I missed out, unfortunately, on winning a signed copy of the book via a limerick-writing contest on the GGK site, Bright Weavings. Everyone who hangs out on the forums there was allowed to submit two limericks pertaining to GGK's books; my entries, predictably, were placed in the "also-ran" column. I'm just not a good poet...

(Out of respect for, well, the English language I'm not going to archive my entries here. Suffice it to say, they're available on said forums; anyone sufficiently intrigued should do their own searching!)

No comments: