Tuesday, April 01, 2003

I had a bunch of funny changes (at least, I thought they were funny) that I was going to make to my sidebar in honor of April Fool's Day; however, now that the day is into the mid-afternoon, I'm thinking, "What's the point". Anyway, I was going to change the names in "Other Journeys" (my blogroll, for newcomers) to reflect alternate realities. Some of the changes I was going to make include:

Eschaton was going to be Little Green Footballs.

USS Clueless was going to be The Patron Saint of Brevity.

Interact was going to be Liv Tyler For President. (Sean doesn't care for Liv Tyler as Arwen in the LOTR movies.)

Archipelapogo, a liberal who lives in Dallas, was going to be Texans to Re-elect the President.

Rachel Lucas, a conservative in Texas, was going to be Texans for Hillary.

Wil Wheaton Dot Net was going to be The Kid Everyone Hated On Star Trek.

Charles Stross, the fine SF writer from Edinburgh, was going to be linked with the old SNL line: If it's nae Scottish, IT'S CRAP!.

Caitlin R. Kiernan was to become Kaitlin R. Ciernan. (Best I could do....)

The Rittenhouse Review was to be renamed Specter '04!!!.

CalPundit was to be morphed into Dinesh D'Souza.

Oliver Willis? Today, he was to be Daniel Snyder's Bee-otch.

A Skeptical Blog would have become The Uri Gellar Fan Club.

And my favorite, Hullabaloo, was to be rechristened as The Peggy Noonan Estrogen Brigade.

I was also going to change the names of the books I'm currently reading: Hey, This Office Has No Corners! by George W. Bush; an Emeril Lagasse cookbook entitled Recipes for Writers, or, One Hundred Ways To Prepare Ramen Noodles; and Peter Jackson's memoir, Confessions of a Sweeping Helicopter Shot Fetishist.

Oh well, what could have been....

(And thanks to Matthew Yglesias, for directing some much-appreciated traffic my way. For a minute I thought that SiteMeter had been taken down in whatever flames consumed Blogger this morning! No, EMTSDB is not going to be a regular feature here, I am sorry to say. I do hope Steven sees it, though, because I think he'd find it amusing.)

No comments: