Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Tone Poem Tuesday

I know, I know, I know. Long time, not much content. In my defense, though:

BIG day! #amwriting #writersofinstagram #sciencefiction #spaceopera #orionshuntress

This can only mean one thing: I'm writing my ass off, getting the first draft of Orion's Huntress done. Above is a screenshot from the Session Statistics tool that Scrivener (my main writing program these days) gives. For me, anything over 2000 words is a big day, and I've been averaging 1500 or so a day for the last week and a half. I'm close, folks. I am so close!

So what does this mean for Tone Poem Tuesday? A piece of familiar music that doesn't need a lot of introduction? Why, yes! So turn up your speakers and watch the pretty people in Egyptian dress as they perform the Triumphal March from Verdi's Aida.


After this draft is done I won't be doing any first-draft writing for a long time as I have a bunch of manuscripts that need first mark-ups, so hopefully I'll settle into a more consistent schedule here. Meanwhile...Excelsior!

No comments: