Sunday, August 31, 2014

Instaweeks!

Time for another photographic grab-bag from the last few weeks!





It's always sad when you reach the bottom of the coffee cup.


Fortune cookies tell all, don't they?




Yeah, that was a fun Monday:


I continue to recharge by frequently rewatching Neil Gaiman's commencement speech from a year ago:


When the storms come in:


It's mint harvest time! (For making mojitos.)



Leaving work under a sky like this is always nice.


Our attempts to teach Lester how to use a leash are not going well.


Single malt to celebrate the completion of major book edits!


Our "sensitive plant" develops these little flowers:


Once in a while at work I have to hang a neon beer sign.



Recent dinners include banana peppers which I stuffed with sausage and cheese and then roasted:


There's always pizza at some point or other:


Smores. I can generally eat about two of these before I get that "OMG I just ate an entire hippopotamus" feeling.



Cranberry kisses are delicious!



(It's a drink with spiced rum, Collins mix, and cranberry juice.)

Along Erie County's back roads:



Cat-related stuff happens a lot.





In that last one, Lester is on my lap, watching Cosmos with me. Note his eyes reflected in my laptop screen, via the flash! I don't think he understood the show's scientific content, though. Oh well, even Carl Sagan can't reach everyone.

Sometimes I offer great wisdom at rock-bottom prices.


Book production continues.



And here, from the comic strip Blondie, is my new favorite sentence:


And finally, for all who had good wishes and kind words on Little Quinn's tenth birthday, thank you!


More to come in a couple weeks!


No comments: