Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Burst of Weird and AWESOME!

Oddities and Awesome abound!!!

:: A couple I'd have never thought belonged together, until I saw them: Jack Skellington and Betty Boop. (Second photo.) Awesome!

:: Little girl writes letter to Johnny Depp, asking him to help her mutiny against her teachers. Depp obliges...well, except for the mutiny part. Johnny Depp: Awesome!

:: Interesting article about Designing the Enterprise-E for Star Trek: First Contact. I did like that Enterprise more than the Enterprise-D (the Next Generation ship), and I've always thought it too bad that that ship was only around for three films, only one of which was really good. Oh well! Although one thing in the article stands out: the Enterprise-E was designed to "fight the Borg". That kind of sums up, in my mind, the degree to which Rick Berman either lost his sense of what Star Trek was all about, or never had it to begin with. There's no way that Starfleet would design an entire enormous ship like that for the purpose fighting a single enemy in a single war!

:: xkcd revists the Map of Online Communities. I think that to depict me on the map, the map would have to be a globe, and I'd be a space probe launched from that globe several years before.

More next week!

No comments: