Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Make...it...stop....

So. Glee.

A well-done high-school show is a great thing. So is a well-done musical. Glee's popularity seems to imply that it is both of those things. So why is it that whenever I watch it, I'm astonished by the degree to which it is not?

Glee is awful. I hate it. Hate hate hate it. It is so, so, so bad. Here's a partial list of things I would rather do than watch Glee:

Watch Phyllis Diller torture puppies
Eat broccoli
Sit through The Usual Suspects again
Attend an all-Hindemith concert music program
Work my way through the entire discography of Ace of Base
Venture out in public with no shirt on beneath my overalls
Get hit with a pecan pie
Peel 50 lbs of potatoes
Vote Republican
Discuss the Star Wars Prequel trilogy with anybody at Ain't It Cool News
Eat medium-rare chicken
Visit the Creation Museum
Drink a glass of vegetable oil


Yeah, you get the idea.

(Light blogging for another few days, by the way. I'm trying to clear the decks on several things at home and get up some momentum on a few others.)

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

I take it, then, that you don't like broccoli. Actually, my daughter only likes that stalks, while I eat the florets.

Now CAULIFLOWER - that's a veggie to avoid!