Monday, October 11, 2010

Falling


Taughannock Falls, originally uploaded by Jaquandor.

OK, I didn't want my one-sentence rant about Carl Paladino (the next post down) to be the top-most item on this blog for most of the day, so here's a pretty picture. This is Taughannock Falls, located near Ithaca. We were just there last week (more pics to come from that trip). We've gone this time of year for the last three or four years, although we don't stop by Taughannock Falls each year (even though it is very easy to get to). This year, the week preceding our trip was much rainier than usual, so I figured there'd be a lot more water going over the brink than we've seen in the past, and I was right. What a beautiful spot.

(I would have liked to get a pic of The Wife and I there, in front of the Falls, but some putz was taking up most of the scenic overlook with his tripod. My photo, taken by hand with our little $70 Kodak point-and-shoot, probably turned out just as nice as whatever he was doing!)

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Have you been to Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca? You can slide down the rocks into the pool below. Big fun. At least it was when I was 7.