What better way to get back in the swing of things than with a quiz? From Sunday Stealing:
36. If you suddenly became single or are single, do you think you could last in a relationship for 12 months or more?
Right off the bat, I'm not sure I understand the question. I've been in a relationship for nineteen years now, so I think I'm pretty good at the long-term thing.
37. Do you forgive or forget?
Both. Unless I'm really pissed, in which case I hold a grudge for years.
38. Do you trust people?
Until they screw me! (Actually, I don't really trust people until I get to know them.)
39. What are you not looking forward to?
The series finale of LOST, because I don't watch the show and don't care.
40. Do you get mad easily?
I can, but I try not to.
41. Tell us about the last time you were told you that you have pretty eyes.
Hmmmm...a few years ago a co-worker told me I looked good in blue because it brought out my eyes. Does that count?
42. Do you have strange dreams?
43. Ever licked someone's cheek or forehead?
44. Tell us about the last time you fell asleep in someones arms.
45. When did you last play a game?
Yesterday. And I'm about to play the same game in a few minutes: Super Mario Brothers!
46. What do you have on you at all times?
I try to never leave home without my cell phone.
47. Do you go out in public without getting all dressed up?
Define "all dressed up"? As in, do I go out in sweat pants? No. I used to live in sweat pants, but now I just wear them at home or to the gym.
48. Do you like fruity or minty gum?
Minty. But in general I'm not much of a gum person.
49. Favourite musician or group?
Dougie Maclean. (Just naming one at random.)
50. Do you like anyone?
Nope. I'm a giant heap of dislike.
51. Favourite computer game?
Galactic Civilizations, which oddly I've never played.
52. First album you ever went and bought with your own money?
The soundtrack album to The Empire Strikes Back.
53. Think back five months ago, were you single?
Yes. I mean, no.
54. Do you believe in celebrating anniversaries?
Yes, although not terribly lavishly.
55. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
I hope so!
56. Last thing you bought?
I bought a couple of small knickknacks for The Daughter at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History the other day.
57. Are you a jealous person?
Sometimes, but I don't like to be.
58. Does it take a lot to make you cry?
59. Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk to?
60. Have you ever had your heart-broken?
61. Have you ever done something while drunk that you still cannot believe you did?
Was I drunk when I mooned a professor of mine? I can't remember. Maybe.
62. Is there anyone you secretly wish you could be spending your time with right now?
Nope. I'm pretty open to my wish that The Wife was home right now instead of at work.
63. Do you text?
Rarely. We don't have an unlimited texting plan. I like texting, but it's expensive.
64. Do you wish someone would call or text you right now?
Text...e-mail...leave a comment...sure, why not?
65. Is your life anything like it was a year ago?
Same job, same apartment, same overalls...yeah, pretty much is.
66. Go back one year on your blog. Leave us a link to your favorite post.
Looking around that general date, here are my thoughts on the ending of ER.
67. You can only drink ONE liquid for the rest of your life, what is it?
68. Tell us about someone that you have lost contact with someone you wish you didn't.
You know, it's weird...Facebook has had a tendency to reconnect me with people left and right. There's the girl I had the crush on when I was a sophomore and junior in high school, I suppose...I wonder whatever became of her.
69. What is the last thing you said out loud?
"Love you!" (Talking to The Wife on the phone.)
70. Will this year be better than last?
Yes. Unless no.