Monday, February 25, 2013

Happy birthday to the love of my life!


Today is The Wife's birthday.

Our marriage hasn't been easy. We've had to work at it, harder at times than others. We've been tested by an awful lot of shit...and a curse of being a creative type is that, with my vivid imagination, I can imagine life without her.

It would well and truly suck.

I can imagine that life, and I would hate it. It would consist of me moving through a world that's less bright, that's less musical, that's less full of light and love. She makes me happier than I deserve. She makes things possible, and desirable, and everything else that's good. The great portion of my happiest memories all involve her in some way, and the great portion of my saddest memories are salved by knowing that they're her memories too and that we got through them together.

Could I live life without her? Yes. But I don't know why I would.

So, as long as it's within my power, I'm not gonna. She's stuck with me.

I hope she's OK with that.

5 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

The happiest of birthdays to her!

New York Erratic said...

Happy birthday to your wife!

Roger Owen Green said...

She's a lucky woman, having you, too.

Kerry said...

Well said, Kelly -- brought some tears. Happy birthday, The Wife!

Kal said...

I am glad you have someone to love you a ride through life with. It's my greatest dream but sadly not my destiny.