For more information on my writing, please visit my official author website!
ForgottenStars.net

Monday, October 25, 2010

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...!"

On October 25, 1415, five hundred eighty-five years ago, a greatly outnumbered English force dealt a crippling military defeat to the French army at a field called Agincourt. Before the battle, the English King, Henry the Fifth, had to rouse the troops, and here is how a playwright of some renown in literary history crafted the King's speech:

2 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Have you read Bernard Cornwall's Agincourt? Highly recommended.

http://thrillofadventure.blogspot.com/2010/09/once-more-unto-breach.html

Kal said...

One of my all time favorite speaches ever. Hell, after seeing that clip I was ready to go bash me some French heads.