Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thirty Day Challenge: Day Seventeen


Westgate Theater, originally uploaded by figan.

A Childhood Picture

Errrr...I don't have any of my own. Honestly. All of my childhood photos are at my parents' house, up to and including my high school yearbooks. Part of this is undoubtedly due to the fact that in my family I'm legendary for taking horrible photos when I was a kid, and then later on, when I figured out how to not take horrible photos, I still thought I looked like a doofus.

So, here's the best I can do. This is the apparent demolition of the Westgate Theater in Beaverton, Oregon. What's special about this theater? Why, that's where I first saw Star Wars, at the tender age of 5. I also saw The Empire Strikes Back there. Alas, we had already lived in Western New York for two years when Return of the Jedi came out.

No comments: