Monday, January 12, 2004

"Why can't it be over?"

That is the plaintive cry heard emanating from Rush Limbaugh's bathroom after just about every Eagles game these days.

I really don't have a good feel for the upcoming NFC Championship Game. The Eagles looked flat for most of the game yesterday, and they won for two main reasons, a case of good news and bad news. The good news was Donovan McNabb; in the playoffs, you want the player who is the "heart and soul" of your team to step it up, and McNabb basically willed the Eagles back into that game. The bad news is that the Eagles defense looked suspect to me, and that had the Packers not undergone a mysterious bit of "Screw the fundamentals and forget the rulebook!" toward the end and in OT, the Eagles might well have lost.

As for the Colts, well, I didn't see much of that game, but it played out pretty much as I expected: a high-scoring affair with the Chiefs' defensive holes being exposed. But of those two teams, I think the Colts have a much better chance of going into Foxboro and achieving the crucial mission of beating the Stupid Patriots, and that's why I rooted for them.

Go Colts, and Go Eagles (although if the Panthers win, I won't be heartbroken -- that's a pretty good team over there).

No comments: