Thursday, January 08, 2004

A Couple of "West Wing" Observations

I still enjoy The West Wing immensely, having found that the show isn't suffering nearly as much from the departure of creator and writer Aaron Sorkin than many predicted. One thing I really dig is the casting of the new Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff: Terry O'Quinn, who has been one of my favorite character actors for years, even before he was Peter Watts on Millennium.

In other casting stuff, I thought the use of James Cromwell as a former President in last night's episode was superb, although the shots of him standing next to Martin Sheen made me wonder if Sheen is that short or if Cromwell is that tall.

I've also noticed that the show is delving into old character backgrounds not much mentioned since the first season, such as the appearance of Leo's daughter Mallory on last night's show, which I think may be due to the show's recent release on DVD.

No comments: