So the Big Game is coming up, and you'll probably want some trivia questions for your Big Game party! In that spirit, here are some for your freebie use. I have not grouped these in any way, nor am I ranking them by any idea of difficulty. Answers are in the comments for the post. Enjoy, and may your preferred team end the game with more points than the other one!
1. What is the highest combined point total in a Super Bowl?
2. What is the lowest combined point total in a Super Bowl?
3. What winning team scored the fewest points?
4. What losing team scored the most points?
5. What is the oldest existing venue to have hosted a Super Bowl?
6. What is the oldest existing stadium that is home to an NFL team to have hosted a Super Bowl?
7. What is the last Super Bowl to be played in a stadium that was not home to an NFL team?
8. According to a Super Bowl-related episode of THE SIMPSONS, who are the favorite teams of Homer Simpson and Moe Szylack?
9. Three American Idol winners have performed the National Anthem at Super Bowls. Which ones?
10. These two teams have met in three Super Bowls.
11. These teams have each met in two Super Bowls.
12. These three teams are 1-0 in the Super Bowl.
13. This is the only team to be currently undefeated in multiple trips to the Super Bowl.
14. As of 2020, this team has gone the longest without returning to the Super Bowl.
15. As of 2020, this team went the longest between Super Bowl victories.
16. To date, this is the only Super Bowl whose participants played their home games in the same state.
17. Following each of this team's last two Super Bowl victories, the starting quarterback for both games retired. Name the team and the two quarterbacks who retired as champions.
18. These teams have won at least four Super Bowls.
19. These teams have lost at least four Super Bowls.
20. This player is the only special teams player to have been named Super Bowl MVP.
21. The team with the NFL's season rushing champion has advanced to the Super Bowl only four times. Name the players, the teams, and the Super Bowls.
22. Since the NFL adopted a 16-game regular season, seven teams have posted records of 15-1 or better. Only two of those have won Super Bowls, however. Name the two champions, and the remainder of the teams and their results.
23. This is the only team to win the Super Bowl after being outscored during the regular season.
24. Over the course of 12 months, this city hosted the NHL Stanley Cup Finals, the World Series, the Super Bowl, and the NCAA Final Four. Which city was it, and which Super Bowl was hosted?
25. Four coaches have each lost the Super Bowl four times apiece. Name them.
26. Which of the following has never happened in a Super Bowl: a punt return for a touchdown, two wild-card teams meeting in the Super Bowl, a team playing a Super Bowl on its own home field, or a head coach winning a Super Bowl with two different teams?
27. Name the four teams that have as yet never reached the Super Bowl.
28. In only two Super Bowls did neither team commit a turnover. Which ones?
29. The closest geographical proximity between the two cities represented in a Super Bowl was 164 miles. Which two cities, and which Super Bowl?
30. What is the earliest in a Super Bowl that a winning team has taken its final lead?
31. No team has ever won three consecutive Super Bowl championships. What two teams came closest to doing so?
Enjoy, and go Chiefs (although a 49ers win would not leave me unhappy)!