Monday, February 28, 2011

Sentential Links #239

Linkage....

:: Liberal media, indeed.

:: So that's where we are. A first lady campaigning against obesity and in favor of breast feeding is now the target of all-out war from the right. I imagine that if she were taking on illiteracy, teenage drug use, or planting flowers, the Republican Party would suddenly find itself opposed to reading, defending Mexican drug cartels, and in favor of vacant lots. And yet we're supposed to take these people seriously.

:: I’m kind of speechless. For what possible reason would anyone ban renewable resources? I honestly can’t think of any reason why anyone would want to do this. I can’t think of any way in which this would even provide any political benefit to the GOP. Normally, with clean coal and the like, they at least pretend to be environmentally safe. Here, it’s just “Wind power? Fuck it.”

Even the “liberals are for it so I’m agin it” principle falls flat. I got nothing.


:: And lucky for me, I got to tell the story again and again today, when people asked how I got the road rash on my face.

:: I had taught basic forensics in Junior High Science (like how to take and match fingerprints) so I knew how to deal with the strawberry milk evidence I had. I invited her over and got her to handle a glass. Then I compared the two prints by examining the matching whirls and ridges. After a few minutes, I had her.



:: I think I have an instinctive sense of balance about my blog between the personal and the other stuff (politics, popular culture, etc.). Obviously, that’s been skewed more than a little this month, and frankly, I’m all right with that. (So am I!)

:: I am sorry, so sorry. I can’t help you. I could throw you back and take off running down the beach, I suppose, but this man has been here all day waiting for you to take his lure, and you struck it, and this is what happens when you make the last and worst mistake a fish can make. Besides, whether I throw you back or not, you are done for, my silvery friend. You’ve been too long in the thin cold air.

You are never going back home to the waves.


All for this week. More next week!

2 comments:

Call me Paul said...

Have you been messing with the appearance of the blog? Since yesterday, I've found it almost unreadable. The text appears almost faded, or something.

Kelly Sedinger said...

I changed the main font, which I'll probably be changing back later today. I'm not as thrilled by it as I'd hoped.