Monday, January 27, 2003

For some reason I haven't been able to get into Alias, despite the fact that its subject matter should be right up my alley. But, the episode that aired last night after the Super Bowl has been billed in numerous places as not just an outstanding episode but also a good "jumping-on" point for people who haven't been watching all along. I taped it, and will report later in the week.

I'm also looking forward to tonight's premiere of Miracles, which I'm hoping can fill some of the void that was left by the dismantling and ultimate cancellation of the brilliant, underappreciated Millennium. (This one's being taped as well.) I have high hopes for Miracles, because -- if it's done well -- dark stories about spiritual supernaturalism always captivate me. The problem, though, is the stories in this vein that are done poorly -- and it's very easy to screw them up.

No comments: