Monday, November 18, 2002

The folks over at Soundtrack.net are online with the first detailed listen of Howard Shore's certain-to-be-magnificent score to The Two Towers, complete with audio clips. I, for one, cannot wait.

In other filmscore news, the CD for the new Bond flick, Die Another Day is now out. The music is by Bond-composer-in-residence David Arnold, and the title song is by Madonna. I haven't played the CD all the way through yet, but I like Arnold's music a good deal -- even the techno aspects of it, which are fairly controversial with score-hounds like myself. Madonna's song, though, is going to take a while for me. My immediate impression of it is: "Decent song, but it is not a Bond song." This song is about as far as you can get from the Shirley Bassey-Tom Jones Bond songs of yore.

No comments: