Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Here I go, again on my own....

Actually, I'm not sure what that post title has to do with anything, but it's what leaped to mind, so there it is. Some notes:

:: Exactly fourteen years ago today, I turned twenty-two years old. Good times, those were! I remember it as though it was...fourteen years ago.

:: Happy Birthday George Gershwin, wherever you are! S'wonderful, s'marvelous, she should care for me....

:: Things may look a little weird around here for a while. I've exceeded the bandwidth limit on where I keep my graphics, and I don't have time to try to fix it until later.

:: Only one guess thus far at last week's Unidentified Earth, so apparently a hint is in order? Pictured therein is the only municipally operated one of these in the United States.

:: Here's an article about the twenty greatest spaceship captains. It's pretty good, up until the final five, when it gets the rankings horribly, awfully wrong.

:: EW, a magazine I wrote off years ago because I finally couldn't take the insufferably smug tone of its critics, has a fairly non-smug selection of the Top ten episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation. They're all superb episodes, and their Number One episode is also my Number One episode, which is nice. (Both these links from SFSignal.)

:: The women of SWILL have created a calendar which they are selling in order to raise money for Living Beyond Breast Cancer. Buy one here.

:: October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. More info here. Consider lighting a candle that night at 7:00 pm.

On a meta-blogging note, posting will be light for the next few days, and possibly even a week. The Wife starts a much-needed vacation tomorrow, and I'll be taking a couple of days off from work in order to spend time with her and with The Daughter and do stuff that doesn't involve a keyboard but may involve large amounts of Cool-whip. Behave, folks!

7 comments:

Tal said...

Happy Birthday! I knew today was special! (It's my birthday too.)

Laura said...

happy birthday kelly!

Erin said...

Hippo Birdie (two ewe)! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday indeed! (The perfect-square years are good ones, I'm told.)

LC Scotty said...

Happy Birthday, man.

Roger Owen Green said...

belated joyous natal day

Beth said...

Belated Birthday!