Sunday, April 18, 2004

(With a tip of the hat to Maurice Chevalier)

When last I posted, Scott of the Gamer's Nook had casually mentioned a plan for his day that I found highly intriguing. He followed up in detail later that day: he and his wife are entering the international adoption arena, and I wish them luck.

Scott says he wants a little girl, and I can't blame him. Messr. Lerner and Loewe said it best in Gigi:

Each time I see a little girl
of five or six or seven,
I can't resist the joyous urge
to smile and say…


Thank heaven for little girls,
for little girls get bigger every day!
Thank heaven for little girls;
they grow up in the most delightful way!


Those little eyes, so helpless and appealing,
one day will flash and send you crashing through the ceiling!


Thank heaven for little girls;
thank heaven for them all,
no matter where no matter who --
for without them, what would little boys do?


Thank heaven... thank heaven...
Thank heaven for little girls!


No comments: