Elen sila lumenn omentielvo!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Random Wednesday Conversation Starter

Name a food you've tried in the last year for the first time, and your reaction.


LC Scotty said...


One of the professors brought it to our holiday party. He's one of my favorite folks in the department so when he said that was what he brought I sort of felt obligated. Thankfully, I've long had the habit of eating what the locals eat when I travel.

It wasn't bad. If I was at someone's house and they offered one to me, I could easily eat it to be polite. I'd never order them at a restaurant.

Roger Owen Green said...

to the best of my knowledge, not applicable

Michael May said...

Had some family over last weekend for a 50th anniversary Sound of Music viewing and my mom brought Austrian schweinebraten. It's a pork roast with heavy, but delicious spices. Goes great with spƤtzle.

fillyjonk said...

Creamed spinach - which I had never tried because of the smell - generated a "Oh. No. I don't think so" followed by a sigh and a realization that maybe if I kept forcing myself to try it I could eventually get to tolerate it.

Smoked trout was a positive, in an "I will buy more of this" sense