Monday, September 08, 2014

Banging out the Words: A Writing Update!!!

So, where do we stand on various projects? Here's where!

:: Princesses In Space!!! (not the actual title) is whisking right along toward November release. I've already had one proof copy come back with some mark-ups, so I'll be able to fix those errors and then generate Proof Copy #2, which I will then go over with a fine-toothed comb. Once that's ready, the book will be locked.

Meanwhile, October will see some exciting stuff! On October 1, the book trailer (revealing the ACTUAL TITLE!!!) will go live. A week or so later I'll unveil the cover art, and then the next three weeks after that will see the release of sample chapters. Then, boom -- the book will be available for purchase, likely on Tuesday, November 11. (I was going to release on November 9, but after consideration, I don't want to release on a Sunday.) After that I'll get the book ready for Kindle release; that will go live a couple of weeks later. Other platforms will wait until after the new year starts.

(A word of warning: I am likely to be obnoxious in October and positively insufferable in November!)

:: Princesses In SPACE!!! II: The Wrath of the Princesses (not the actual title) will get its second batch of major edits in either December or January, which will be followed by formatting. Princesses II will likely be out Tuesday, November 10, 2015.

:: I'm leaning toward making Princesses In SPACE!!! III: The Search for the Princesses (not the actual title) my NaNoWriMo project for this year. I need to get a draft written before the end of April, so I can launch the edits in August 2015. Princesses III's target date is November 15, 2016 (a week after election day that year).

:: Just in case you're wondering, I'm planning a year off from the Princesses series in 2017, so I can get ahead again. But by the end of 2015, I want to be starting Princesses IV.

:: As soon as the edits for Princesses II and the draft for Princesses III are done, I will do the first round of edits for GhostCop (not the actual title). I do not have a planned release date for this one yet, but I'm hoping to start that one as a yearly series at first as well, off-setting Princesses with spring releases. Not sure yet, but I'll also need to get a draft of GhostCop II going at some point. These books are shorter, though, which helps. I haven't forgotten that book or series, in case anyone's wondering why I haven't mentioned it in a while.

:: Finally, Lighthouse Boy (not the actual title). This is kind of the odd-book-out for right now, but I'm squeezing it in someplace. There's less urgency since it's not really a series book; this one's a one-shot. There will be other books set in the same world, but not an actual "series". This one is turning out to be very long, though, and I'm wondering about how to optimally package it. One notion I'm kicking around is that when I have it ready to go, instead of publishing it all at once, I'll serialize it, maybe at around $1.99 for three chapters at a time. I like this idea, given that part of the book's genesis is that it's a Dumas-esque adventure tale (albeit in a fictional world), with no magic and a lot of derring-do involving usurper kings and lost treasures and that sort of thing. Guns, muskets, and villains wearing big hats with poofy feathers in the brim. Oddly, The Muse just dropped in the other day to solve the place I'm at in the book right now, so that's cool. I haven't been writing in that book much at all, what with all the work on Princesses I. But I should be able to get back online with that one, although I'm sure I won't finish it before NaNoWriMo starts, and I have to get Princesses III going. We'll see.

So, that's where we are right now. As you can tell...well, I'll let Prince Humperdinck explain it.



Onward and upward! Zap! Pow!!



1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

"I am likely to be obnoxious in October and positively insufferable in November!" You already are, but we love you anyway.