Friday, November 30, 2018

Something for Thursday (Friday edition)

So this is weird. I didn't forget yesterday. I drew a blank.

Remember, I'm getting each week's selection via a music challenge that is the kind of thing you find on Twitter occasionally. So far so good for the first few weeks, but now we're up to Number Four, which is:

A Song that Reminds You
of Someone You'd Rather Forget.

See, I got nothin'. I can literally think of no one in my life (or who was ever in my life) that I'd like to simply forget. I thought about going political (that "Money Money Money" song they used as the theme for The Apprentice, before that show's host made a disastrous career change), but I wasn't in the mood for that. So, for lack of anything else, here's "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid. Why? Well...this friggin' movie was the featured event in two different dates I went on when I was in college, and in both instances, those dates were followed the next day by the "It's not you, it's me" speech. So...yeah. (I did eventually watch the movie with The Girlfriend, but only after we'd been dating for a year and I could be reasonably confident that its jinx effect had worn off. Which it had...either that, or it's just taking decades to work, but I really hope not.)

So yeah. "Part of Your World". Whatevs, Ariel. Harumph!


(Oh, and obviously I feel no particular animus toward either of those young women from back in the day. One's even a friend on Facebook! I've no idea whatever became of the other one, other than that I think she's a school teacher in Iowa someplace.)

No comments: