Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sunday Burst of Weirdness

This will be kind of a link-dump of some stuff I've found this week, combined with some stuff I've had sitting in my "Blog Fodder" bookmarks folder for a long time. In the case of the latter stuff, I may well have linked some of this stuff in the past and not remember it. Also, I can no longer credit where I've found a lot of this.

:: Fellow gripers about For Better or For Worse will enjoy April Patterson's real blog.

:: Thirty-nine questions for Charlie Daniels upon hearing "The Devil Went Down to Georgia". I've probably linked this before, come to think of it, but here it is again. I've never liked that song; frankly, both the Devil and Johnny are crappy fiddlers. If Natalie MacMaster or Joshua Bell walked in there, they'd both wipe the floor with both of those idiots.

:: A magical pet adventure, that isn't safe for work. Hmmmmm.

A few links from Stephen Frug:

:: The twelve devices of Peanuts. I've previously commented on that second Schroeder strip in this space myself.

:: A do-it-yourself open letter.

:: Star Trek fans remember that before Kate Mulgrew was cast as Captain Janeway on Voyager, the role briefly belonged to Genevieve Bujold. Some of Bujold's clips have surfaced, and man, she was not cut out for that role.

:: Not really weird, but quite cool actually: Twenty-five photographs taken at exactly the right time. I suspect that a bunch of these are of the "take lots of repeated shots and pick the best one later" variety, but who cares -- the photos are all very interesting, and across many different subject matters to boot.

:: Finally, because I love me some Pac-Man, here are two odd variants: Steampunk Pac-man and Text-adventure Pac-man.

No comments: