Sunday, March 20, 2016

On Plaid

I've always had an odd relationship with plaid. I love it, but I'm never sure it looks all that great on me. Until now, my only plaid clothes have been fleece tops:

Plaid beneath stripes.

Winter hikes make me happy. #ChestnutRidge #wny #OrchardPark #winter #overalls #Dickies #hiking

Rocking the "Poe's 'The Raven'" infinity scarf today. #ootd #scarf #infinityscarf #poe #overalls #Dickies #fleece

But then, a while back, I bought a regular plaid shirt on eBay. I had to search around for a while, because I wanted a standard shirt, but I wanted a banded collar. Why? Well, in general, I'm not a big fan of collars on shirts. I have a few denim shirts with collars that I like, but by and large, I prefer collarless. Here's the result:

Sorry to keep revisiting this photo, but I really like the way I look herein! (And yes, I am wearing this very outfit next time I get a pie in the face!)

I don't hate this. I do worry that red plaid, worn under a pair of overalls, might look a little too, well, Hee Haw. But then...what difference does that make? I mean, I'm already weird enough, what's another thing...and I do like the look.

Hmmmmm.

1 comment:

Kaye Waller said...

I think it looks great, especially for the upcoming warmer seasons. I love plaid shirts, too, the ones that snap up the front.