So, this morning I finished my first round of proofreading and minor edits on
After that point, you can do one of two things: Order another proof copy, in which case they send you a copy of the book to go over again, or approve the proof for publication. If you do more proofing and you find things to change, you have to then make a new PDF and re-upload it so they can do the Review Process again.
So, this morning I reached the point where I was ready to re-upload the new PDF of the book's guts. However...I screwed this up, and actually initiated the Review Process without uploading anything new. So they're reviewing the files they've already reviewed once before, and I have to wait twenty-four hours for this because there's no mechanism for canceling this process. It would be nice if they gave you a ten-minute window, say, in which to cancel the review if you uploaded the wrong thing; or, maybe, have warning pop up along the lines of, "You have no uploaded any new interior files since the last review process. Do you wish to continue with the Review on the already-existing and uploaded files?"
As the title of the post says: Argleblargle!
Look, this isn't a huge deal, really. It isn't. But I'm at the point in this project where days matter. I'm releasing five weeks from tomorrow, and it takes about a week to get the review copy. So losing a day of production work actually hurts at this point...I want to be able to finalize the book by the 24th of this month, so I can upload the final revised contents (if I have to make any more corrections) and then be able to get things rolling so I can have my beta-reader and family-and-friend copies in hand before I officially release on the 12th of next month. This is the point where losing a day is not a good thing. Not fatal, either, but still: Argleblargle!
(Oh, and don't forget to visit ForgottenStars.net tomorrow for the Big! Cover Art! Reveal!. But you won't forget, because you're awesome, and I'll remind you tomorrow anyway.)