Monday, January 06, 2014

Sentential Links

Links!

:: But I’ve had a great year of reading, and a whole new routine surrounding bedtime (I’m like an infant, having to be put into a routine), and cutting down on Internet/phone time, all of that, and so I just started picking up books, books I own but haven’t read yet. I read before bed now, for an hour, sometimes two, and it’s become a cherished part of my routine. I’ve had a lot of fun reading this year.

:: Art does not justify being an asshole to others.

:: When people ask about one’s best physical feature, I have no idea what mine is. But I surely know my worst ones: my feet.

:: I have big writing goals and I have big reading goals.

:: There is a widespread belief that you will be good at the things you enjoy and not good at the things you don’t enjoy. I am living proof that this is not true.

:: I cannot afford to go off the map.

:: Is it okay to write utter garbage sometimes? How do you get through those lapses in inspiration and motivation? (Remember: The only way out is through. Maintain a straight line, and you'll come out sometime.)

:: A genuinely strong female character should have these five qualities: (Hmmmm. I'm filing these away for future reference, for obvious reasons.)

More next week!

2 comments:

Ben Varkentine said...

Good links. I stole a couple for Facebook.

Unknown said...

Always agree to write, sometimes the utter garbage is the stuff that will inspire you most.
I can only imagine where some of my favorite novels have begun.