Elen sila lumenn omentielvo!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Random Wednesday Conversation Starter

Name your "White Whale" book: that book that has defied your multiple attempts to read it all the way through, but which you keep attempting anyway.


Roger Owen Green said...

Sadly, the Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.

Lynn said...

The Illiad. I'm not sure if twice counts as "keeps trying" but I might try again someday.

fillyjonk said...

Currently, "The Guns of August" by Barbara Tuchman. I feel like I should know more about the Great War, but I don't.

I think, however, this was not the ideal book to start with. It's more military history than straight history, and also I keep messing up on names. (Why, why, did some of the French guys have to have German-sounding names, and some of the German guys French-sounding names?)

David Evans said...

Moby Dick, of course!