Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday Centus

Wow, I've been a crappy blogger this week. Only two posts. That's pretty weak. A weak week.

And now I'm reaching for lame puns.

Sigh.

Saturday Centus celebrates one year of writing prompts today. I haven't been along for the whole ride, but I've enjoyed the parts I've been around for. So....

As Emily received her anniversary gift from George, she remembered his proposal, in the empty big top after the show. And the jugglers and stilt walkers and lion tamers who stood up for them at the wedding. Their vows being interrupted by the elephants. The popcorn and cotton candy at the reception.

She made a sound like "oomph". Then she opened her eyes and, through the chocolate-cream covering her face, saw her smiling husband. Emily laughed as she picked up the coconut-cream pie, her gift for him. Although the traditional gift for a first anniversary was paper, this was life with a circus clown.

16 comments:

Kelly Sedinger said...

Jenny said we could use a picture...here's one I would have used!

Nonna said...

Fabulous job...inventive and imaginative and I loved the pie in the face photo too, LOL !

Lynn said...

Ah yes, a clown's work is never done! I'm sure it was a fun wedding reception:@)

Kelly Sedinger said...

Nonna: Thanks! A pie in the face is one of my favorite things. :)

Susan Anderson said...

Really cute!

=)

Dazee Dreamer said...

haha. that is the best. you my friend, would be a blast to hang out with.

Bookie said...

Not only very original, this one is sweet! Oh pun by accident....

Porky said...

That was a lot of fun, easy-going, a good set of images. I just read Nonna Beach's, and needed something lighter..!

Madge said...

I love the circus! Great job, very fun.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Sounds like they shall never be bored. That's a good thing. Fun post!
Cheers,
Robyn

BECKY said...

What a great take on it! Very good!!

21 Wits said...

Oh but of course what could make life better than being a part of circus!!!!! Great prompt take! No weakness there!

Jenny said...

The pie in the face picture totally made me laugh. Loudly.

And considerings it's 2 am here and we have house guests in the next room I'm hoping I didn't wake them up!

I'm off to discover your attraction to pie in the face!

I like pie, too. But usually on a fork inserted into my mouth!

Cute twist with this prompt.

Kelly Sedinger said...

Well, at least you can show them if they ask you today what was so funny in the middle of the night! Thanks!

jabblog said...

Oh, that's great fun:-)

Tgoette said...

Who doesn't love a good pie in the face? Well, maybe a diabetic...I don't know..

Great story! Loved the photo too!