Saturday, April 09, 2011

Saturday Centus

This week's prompt is one of those that seems prosaic at first, but it really isn't, because it's the prosaic ones that really make one dig a bit deeper to come up with an idea. Anyway, here's mine. I went in a much sillier direction than usual....

(From a teenage notebook of one Bill Shakspur, Stratford-on-Avon, 1578.)

Florolominio: Sweet, sweet Rosalinimundia! Hath I come to you but too late to enter your embrace that outshine’d the very Sun?

Rosalinimundia: Verily, knave, too late thou art. Another doth carry my troth now. Stew, then, in the vile pot of your own dalliance! Stew, I say!

Florolominio: 'Til the Moon shines not, shall I stew! But ere I depart, dear heart, know this: April showers bring May flowers to sweet maidens in their bowers. Ne'er hath your bower seen such throbbing as I would bring!

Rosalinimundia: Kiss me, you big--

(Here the excerpt ends.)

12 comments:

Kelly Sedinger said...

I cheated just a bit: I did not count the dialog attributions in my word count.

Tgoette said...

Verily thou hast presented words of so sweet breath composed as made thy Centus more rich. Well done, good sir!

Bookie said...

Well, Jaquandor, this was a dandy! Very much a piece of fun... I think you did a great creative twist with this....

Judie said...

OMG! I am LMAO at this! Great offering, you clever fellow!!!

Christine said...

This doth make my head swoon, to say the very least. Very mirthful indeed.

Nonna Beach said...

Well written trip back in time ( not easy to do for most people ) I would call this PG-13, just sayin' and I go over the 100 words occasionally too !

Susan Anderson said...

heehee

=)

jeff campbell said...

Very crafty post indeed! Unexpected...fun...Peace and blessings

Porky said...

Very clever, and very much in keeping with our understanding of the man. A little comic yeast and a fine feast.

21 Wits said...

Oh such a sweet and lovely way bring forth your words for our prompt from Miss Jenny this week! Thanks to you!

cj Schlottman said...

You never cease to amaze me with your way with words! These are strung together beautifully.

Namaste..........cj

Jenny said...

What a clever use of this prompt!

I am astounded. It is Sunday afternoon and I am watching the late afternoon sun stream through windows...and reading your SC aloud to my husband.

He just shakes his head, as he often does, and says, "Where do these people learn to write so well?"

And I agree.

You're really excellent!