Wednesday, April 06, 2011

A Random Wednesday Conversation Starter

I asked this question on Facebook and got a total of two replies (probably because FB's new "Ask a Question" feature is, really, kind of annoying), so here it is. It's the middle of the night. For some reason you're staggering through your living room with the lights out...and you step on something. What would you rather step on? A Lego brick that your kid left out, with all of its very sharp corners to dig into the soft flesh of the underside of your foot? Or the wonderful, cold squishiness of three-hour-old cat vomit?

(I literally can't decide which of these I'd rather have happen less!)

8 comments:

??? said...

I'm going for pain rather than eeeww., so lego brick, definitely. I walk barefoot a lot, so it's not that painful for me to step on it (I had a thumbtack stuck in my heel once and only noticed it because of the ticking noise it made with each step).

Glenn Whidden said...

Hey Jaquandor, I hate to be a Debbie Downer (and a pedant) but didn't you ask this question here on May 6, 2009?

Lynn said...

The Lego brick. Yeah, they hurt when you step on them but you immediately know what it is, but there's something about stepping in something squishy in the dark that's just... well, it's just really bad.

Doug said...

Lego brick, I would at least be able to continue walking with that foot, I wouldn't want to track the soft squishy stuff along with me (more to clean up).

Kathy said...

Not a lego brick, thats hurts like hell! I've done the cat vommit thing also. So my vote is for cat vomit!

Call me Paul said...

I object to that Facebook feature because it cannot be blocked like other apps can be, so I don't answer any of the questions, even if they interest me.

Gotta go with Lego block. Cat puke washes off.

Kerry said...

Lego. Pain builds character, while cleaning up a squishy, smelly mess and stained carpet in the middle of the night builds character-eroding resentment.

jason said...

The brick. I've stepped in cold cat puke before and it's just... icky.