Sunday, April 17, 2011

A lllooonnnggg quiz from Sunday Stealing

Like the title says: a lllooonnnggg quiz.

1. Tell us who the last person that you took a shower with.

I think The Wife would object. (To me describing what we do, not who the person is! Because it's The Wife. And now I've said too much. Stupid quiz....)

2. Tell us about your favorite tee-shirt. Extra points if you show a pic. (We know. What can you do with freakin' extra points?)

Probably any of my tie-dyed t-shirts. I don't really wear t-shirts with logos on them much anymore, and only once in a while the occasional picture of something. I prefer solid colors and the like.

3. Has anyone ever hit on you even though they knew you were taken?

I have no idea. One reason I continue to profoundly happily "off the market" is that I was one of those guys who had zero notion of how to distinguish friendliness from flirting.

4. Do you plan what to wear the next day?

Sometimes, sometimes not. Depends. One nice thing about a job with a uniform is that planning what to wear is not necessary.

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? Why?

Full, because I just had dinner. (An Italian sausage on a bun and some roasted potatoes, if you must know.)

6. What's the closest thing to you that's black?

My portfolio. It's on my desk, right next to the laptop.

7. Tell me about an interesting dream you remember having.

Ach...I can't. I rarely remember my dreams.

8. Did you or might you meet anybody new today?

Not officially "met", no. There are lots of people in church whom I don't know all that well, but I didn't "meet" any of them.

9. If you could be doing anything right now (or perhaps after you finish this ridiculous meme) what would it be?

I'd say "writing", but truth is, I could be writing right now. I guess I wish I could be traveling with The Wife.

10. Can you think of a meme question that's never been asked?

"If you were going to be hit with a pie, what flavor would it be?" Nobody ever asks about pie-throwing preferences. It's odd, really.

11. What comes to mind when I say China?

"Please step up and lead humanity into the future, because I'm not sure right now that America is going to get it done."

12. Are you overly emotional?

I don't think so...but some people might say that I am. Who knows?

13. If you could listen to just one rock album (CD, vinyl or mp3) which one would you pick?

One album right now, or one for the rest of my life? I'd go with Pink Floyd's The Wall, I suppose. (But Abbey Road is making a serious challenge!)

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?

Both. But I "bite" with my lips, if that makes sense. Not with my teeth. That's unpleasant.

15. Do you like your car?

Love it! The only thing I don't like about it is that the A/C doesn't work and is highly cost-prohibitive to fix. (Have I mentioned that I'm driving a new car? New to me, that is? No? Hmmmm...need to blog about that.)

16. Do you like yourself?

What's not to like!

17. Would you go out to eat with Charlie Sheen?

If he's paying, you bet. I never turn down free food. If I'm paying? Well, if that's the case, it's a fast-food place, we bring separate cars, and he's not allowed to talk.

18. What was the last song that you listened to?

"Every Which Way But Loose", by Eddie Rabbitt.

19. Are (or were) your parents strict?

Not really. As I mentioned when a similar question came up on Ask Me Anything! last month, they tended to set some general rules and then wait for me to screw up. (Which I usually did.)

20. Have you ever wondered what attending a wild orgy (if only to watch or...) would be like?

I expect it would be like some of the movies we watched while drunk in college: sweaty and unpleasant-looking.

21. I say cottage cheese. You say:

Throw in a spoonful or two of slivered almonds, and yum!

22. Have you ever met a celebrity?

A few Buffalo Bills, my Congressman at the time (Amo Houghton, incidentally the last Republican for whom I cast my ballot), and former Buffalo Philharmonic conductor Semyon Bychkov.

23. What was the last movie that you watched at home?

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. (Which is a far better movie than its reputation.)

24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?

Of course! I'm all about the sparkly. I have a wall sconce with a candle on it; from the sconce hangs a sun-and-moon sun catcher and several strands of Mardi-gras beads. And my dragon-head incense burner has some glitter on it. I love sparkly!

25. What countries have you visited?

The US and Canada. (I have it on my parents' word that I've been in Mexico, but I was too young to have any memory of it.)

26. Have you ever made a phone call while you were drunk that you've regretted? If yes, do tell.

Thank goodness, no. My days of getting drunk with any regularity were several years before cell phone ubiquity.

27. Where were you going the last time that you were on a train?

There's a train museum in Medina, NY that does special train runs on occasion. Christmas before last, we went for the ride. It's just an "out and back" excursion which takes about an hour. I love trains and wish we took them more seriously in this country. Our lack of high speed rail is one of the most maddening things I can think of.

28. Bacon or sausage?

Depends. I'll typically order sausage with my pancakes or waffles, but bacon is wonderful, too.

29. How long have you had a cell-phone?

My first one was for a year or two in 1999-2000, but we let the contract expire owing to financial constraints at the time. The Wife got a phone in 2004, when she found herself needing to make tons of calls regarding Little Quinn's health care; she added me to the mix in 2007, and I've had my phone ever since.

30. What other memes do you do regularly?

Saturday Centus. Other meme-things I check out, and if I like the week's installment, I do it.

31. Who is the craziest meme host?

Not a clue.

32. Who invented chop sticks?

I don't know, but he's right up there on my list of Top Inventors of All Time, along with the person who invented the sandwich, the individual who invented overalls, and whoever invented the Spork.

33. Who are you going to be with tonight?

When The Wife gets home from work, her.

34. Are you too forgiving?

Nah. Being forgiving is a good thing. I tend to stew for a while and then I get tired of stewing.

35. When was the last time that you were in love?

It's a constant state, with me.

36. Tell us about your best friend.

Well, he dropped in on me one day to convince me to run for President. I didn't think I could win, but he put together a team that...oh wait, that's Leo McGarry. Sorry, I've been watching a lot of West Wing lately. My best friend is The Wife. Duh.

37. What was the stupidest thing you learned in high school?

I didn't learn anything "stupid" in high school. I don't believe in learning "stupid" stuff. (Although I didn't really see the point of the typing class. But then, I never took that class.)

38. What was the last thing that you cried about?

What Sydney Carton does at the end of A Tale of Two Cities. God, what an amazing book that was!

39. What was the last question you asked?

"Did you wash your hands?"

40. Favorite thing to do this time of the year?

It's Buffalo, so: root for the Sabres, and bitch about our irritatingly crappy spring. Seriously, spring here sucks. It's like winter warms up into the 40s and then stays there stubbornly, for two months. Ugh!

41. If you had to get a (or another) tattoo, what would it be?

Washington crossing the Delaware. (No, not really. I have no desire for tattoos.)

42. How would your best friend describe you?

"He's 5'10", with long hair that's going gray."

43. Have you ever seen all three Twilight films?

No. Reading one book was bad enough. Awful, awful crap.

44. Ever walked into a glass door?

Yes. At The Store, on the day of Buffalo's October Storm in 2006, I was pushing carts in the parking lot because no one else from that crew could make it in. Everything was OK, until the power finally went out just as I was shoving a big stack of carts into the door. Wham.

45. Favorite color on that person that you are attracted to?

Purple. Or yellow. Or blue. Or red. Or black.

46. Have you ever slapped someone?

Yes. (I'm not proud of it.)

47. What hair style (for you) would you like to see return?

I don't care about style. Deciding what to wear because society arbitrarily decides what's "socially acceptable" is silly.

48. What was the last CD you bought?

Wow, I honestly don't remember. I haven't purchased a CD in years. I always loved CDs, but prices are unacceptable.

49. Do looks matter to you?

A little. Not as much as to many, I hope.

50. Could you ever forgive a liar?

Sure. And if it's a one-time thing and they're genuinely contrite (and the lie's of a certain magnitude), I can even trust them. But it would take a while.

51. What's the hardest bill to pay every month?

Currently, I do a pretty good job of budgeting for my bills.

52. Do you like your life right now?

Yes. There are things that could be better, of course, and things I hope to change for the better both near-term and long-term. But we're not wallowing in despair right now, either.

53. Do you sleep with the TV on?

No. We don't even have a teevee in our bedroom. I've been known to fall asleep during our later shows in the living room, though -- especially on nights when I've had to get to work at O-dark-thirty.

54. Can you handle the truth?

Depends on the truth, doesn't it?

55. Do you have good vision?

Yes. I got glasses for reading back in the 90s; I got a new pair in 2001. I then didn't go to the eye doctor again until just last year, whereupon the doc questioned why I was there at all, since my prescription hadn't changed at all in nine years. I had to show him how scratched up my old glasses were; I wanted a new pair for that reason alone, and I figured I might as well get the prescription checked. I only wear glasses for reading and computer stuff; otherwise I get a headache after a while.

56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?

I don't like hate. It leads to the Dark Side. Dislike? Yeah, that's unavoidable. I don't put numbers on it, though.

57. How often do you talk on the phone?

Daily, although it's usually to The Wife.

58. What celeb would you like to come home to?

Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic.

59. What are you wearing?

An old burgundy Old Navy sweatshirt under a pair of blue Dickies overalls.

60. What is your favorite wild animal?

Of the land? I love bison. Of the sea? I love orcas. Of the Muppets? This guy!

61. Where was your facebook picture taken?

In my bathroom, because the light's good in there. (Calm down!)

62. Can you waltz?

Not officially, no.

63. Do you have a job?

Yes.

64. What was the most recent thing you stole?

I don't steal things, unless we're talking about the occasional pack of Post-it notes or Sharpie markers from work.

65. Have you ever crawled through a window?

Not to get into a house or apartment, no. There was some window crawling during college, when we'd wait until dark one year and go explore the construction site of the new music building as it was going up. One time I stupidly wandered out onto this very long beam and got myself to the point where I had to keep moving forward. That was kind of dumb.

And that's it! Wow, what a long quiz!

No comments: