Sunday, August 23, 2015

Oddities and Other Stuff for a Sunday Morning

Here are some items of possible interest!

:: There apparently exists a Ned Flanders-themed heavy metal band called Okilly-Dokilly. I am not making this up.

:: Saying goodbye to a secret bookstore. I wish there was a secret bookstore like this in Buffalo...but...what if there is, and I just don't know about it....

:: The power of walking a million steps. An article by a man who walked the famed El Camino de Santiago in Spain...but it's also about, well, just walking. I love walking. I don't need running for that nice Zen thing; I get it walking and hiking just fine, thank you very much. Walking is an important part of my life.

:: And just in case you're wondering: At the Hugo Awards, the Sad Puppies got the equivalent of being smacked on the nose with a newspaper for messing on the carpet. Of course, since attention of any sort was their goal, they're declaring victory this morning. But really? Not so much. And of course, since people will be on the lookout for this kind of bullshit in the future and won't be taken by surprise, their wad has been pretty much shot. Oh well.

All for now!

No comments: