For more information on my writing, please visit my official author website!
ForgottenStars.net

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Your Daily Dose of Christmas

I'd never heard this sad and melancholy song before today, when someone mentioned it in a Facebook thread. The term "Hard candy Christmas" refers to a Christmas in which money is so tight that all the stockings can be filled with is cheap hard candy. There is always a sadness to this season, isn't there? We should always try to remember that.

1 comment:

Jason said...

You've never heard "Hard Candy Christmas" before?! That's rather shocking to me... but then, I am a couple years older than you, I think, and country music was probably more of a factor in my younger years than yours. Still... it seems like it was a regular feature of '70s variety shows.